Tuesday, October 31, 2006

What a Wonderful Life

Yes, a movie I have yet to see... but I feel like I'm living it now without the Christmas bit. So this past week has been absolutely odd. First off I've had the weirdest schedule of not sleeping for two days and then sleeping an entire day. Wednesday night I went out with Tal and David to Mojito and soon after, because it was Wednesday, we ended up meeting Laura at my place and just getting more smashed until like 5 am. Then Laura and I marched up to the Comeseria to wait 5.5 hours to register with the fucking Spanish government as students. Not to mention we were still pretty drunk at 5:30 am. Instead of going home and passing out, like I should've, at 11 I went to class. Then to work and when I got home there was a couch surfer waiting for me. For those of you who don't know what couch surfing is, it is a website where people all over the world can find friends and places to crash while traveling. So Toni, my couch surfer, was waiting for me and I was practically dead. He's a great guy who is traveling around Europe on his bicycle and making money by playing accordian in the streets! Unbelievable. So, we've had a great time together this past weekend and we might link up in Rome, which is both of our next destinations tomorrow. So I was exhausted and not in the mood for guests at all! Especially since my flatmates don't know about couch surfing, which made for a bit of an awkward experience. Most of Friday I slept or at least until 2pm (about 14 hours). Then Toni and I walked around Passeig de Gracia and I showed him La casa Mila, better known as La Pedrera. Laura, soon after, called me wanting to go to the Champagneria, a place where you can get cheap food and, more importantly, cheap champagne! Around 2-3 euro a bottle, yes a bottle. We had three between the three of us! Then we went off to Mily's house to drink more and go to Shoko and Catwalk, two very pijo clubs by the beach. Mily got us in for free in both of them, which saved us a good 30 euro each! Eventually I got tired, yes I know... but I had to wake up at 7 Saturday so you know. We got home at 5am and I passed out at 6ish waking up an hour later then going to the uni to meet everyone because we were all off on a grand exurscion! Ok, not that grand but it was pretty damn cool. First we piled into a bus and went to El Monasterio de Sant Pere de Rodes which is absolutely gorgeous. The view was amazing... the tour, however super boring. Prof. Losado, a sweet old man came with us but he kinda sounds like Ben Stein but with a quieter voice! Os tio! It was impossible to pay attention even though he was saying interesting things. One really cool thing was the rocks in the crypt. People would spend hours crying on these rocks praying to false relics for a miracle cure for whatever had ailed them or their loved ones. They are filled with so much hope and sadness it was so beautiful to see. They don't look like much, but try to picture it. It's absolutely amazing. JQ, Nick, and I wondered off to the top of the monastery to smoke and then I got coffee... running on an hour of sleep, it's necessary. Anyway, this is getting long and I have loads more to say. We went to the Dali museum in Figueras which is always great. Being in his house is like being in a new world of surreal magic. It's unbelievable this guy's work and such, he's so amazing! The works I'll show you speak for themselves...

Ok so after the long drive back to Barcelona, I bolted back to my house to quickly change and grab my ticket to MUSE!!!!!! How fucking awesome! By the time we all got back it was 7:30pm and I was still running on one hour of sleep. So I jetted over to Kirsten's piso where she, Natalia, Colette, and I got smashed... well, enough to be happy until Muse made us happier. The concert was perfect! They played so amazingly and, not to mention, everyone and their mother were there. I couldn't believe it... I really needed some amazing live music to boost the glum out of me... and the exhaustion. I loved every minute of it and they played the best songs. It's amazing what three people can do to a crowd of avid listeners. After a few hours of constant musical orgasm I took the metro home, made some pasta, and passed the fuck out. This time sleeping for 16 hours! Holy shit on a stick. About two hours later Chelsea came over so for me to cut her hair and then the rest of the night Toni and I just talked and played a little music. Phew!

Well, tomorrow morning I leave with Laura to Roma, where we are staying... we still don't know! Wish me luck... bad enough that Laura's insane and not responsible. It should be some wild weekend. Aside from above stated, Laura and I get on very well and I'm really stoked on traveling with her... just a little scared. Toni is also going to Rome because he needs to catch a ferry to Sardinia or Sicily. So he's taking an entire day to get to Rome by boat, whereas Laura and I will be there in two hours or so by plane! Oh well... until next time my little ones!

No comments: