Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Madrid

Wow, I've got so much to tell. I've got to start writing more often! Anyway, so Tal and I left Wednesday night to Madrid for a 7.5 hour bus ride. Unfortunately the ride was ridiculously long and we were delayed 4.5 hours in the middle of nowhere an hour and a half away from Madrid. We were sitting in the front with the door of the bus open and were freezing because it was like 5 am.

Finally they brought a tow truck and took us to a gas station where we were delayed the last hour. We finally made it to Madrid after 12 hours! Our only salvation was when we got on the metro and made a friend that we called Esteban and he looks like this:


For some reason this is absolutely hilarious to me. Is he dancing? Falling? Retarded? What the fuck? Anyway the remainder of our weekend was absolutely amazing. We had so much fun; Madrid is fucking amazing. It's kinda like the NYC of "E"spain. I almost wish I went there instead of Barca, but I'd probably be saying the same if the situ was reversed. We did a lot of random walking through the city, so beautiful and perfect weather. The first night we were to zonked to do anything so we just ate Chinese and went to a pub to play some pool, then passed the fuck out.

Friday we went to El Prado. Wow... that's pretty much all I can say in it's amazement. I fell in love with a Rembrandt painting and a Goya one that helped me succeed in making Tal think I'm more strange and crazy. I had to go back and look at them again after we finished the entire museum. Afterwards we went to a street called Fuencarral which is very similar to Melrose. I love streets like that so it was awesome. That night Tal and I had a lovely date. I should say "date" rather. We went to tapas in Plaza Mayor (oldest part of Madrid) and spent about 50 euros! We both learned valuable lessons: Tal doesn't like veal and Alyse can't eat Sopa de Ajo because it has meat in it and makes her vomit! At least the Sangria was good. We totally splurged, but it's all good because we didn't pay for dinner the night before and we got free drinks the rest of the night. We went to the hostal where Jon Jew, Brooke, Alan and Nacho were staying. Then got pretty smashed drinking and smoking hookah. Laura and some other Chicago girls were there and we had a wonderful time. Alan and I bonded over speaking Spanish and cute boys...

Laura was couch surfing and her host was throwing a party so we all went and it was absolutely amazing. The flat was full of madrilenos and looked almost like an art gallery with loads of books and paintings everywhere. We got trashed and made funny faces and had odd conversations all night. Also, we were smoking on the balcony and across the way there was a magical blue light coming from a window where the blinds were half shut. We stared into it like hungry mosquitos until suddenly appeared the thrusting upper body of a male figure with female-like legs on his shoulders. Ok enough with the crappy prosey description. Basically, wasted we were watching people having sex and laughing hysterically. It was hilarious.

Later we were loitering downstairs and Alan and I were talking about something that wasn't important and started making out because we were bored or something... I don't know I was drunk. It was incredibly awkward because who in the right mind makes out with a homosexual? Whatever it was funny, and it probably hadn't been the first and won't be the last, I'm sure. I'm so weird. Whatever, what else are gay friends for anyway? We walked all the way back to Jack's flat and Danille made us some pasta... of course the Italian makes the Americans pasta so cliche. I swear it was the best pasta ever!

The following day we were so hungover it took us all day to get out of the house in which case we walked around Madrid and the caught the bus back to Barca. Thank god it went smoothly and we had plenty of room to stretch out. Phew. Thus ends this episode of Alyse in wondrously wonderful wonderland.

No comments: