Thursday, August 31, 2006

TOMATINA!!!

Ok, I swear to god next blog will have pictures. So Rachel came on Monday to visit so we are cramped three people with several suitcases in a tiny ass dorm, swell. It's actually not that bad sharing a twin with her, she doesn't flail around. I'm glad she's here, I feel more at home. Although now I miss Nic, because I saw all the pics of her and him in Germany.

Anyway the last few days have been awesome. Monday night we went out and I got crazy smashed. We met this chill bartender who must've been like 50 and she gave us absinth shots and we got crazy drunk and stayed up all night, making school on Tuesday very interesting. Either way it was a fabulous bonding moment since it was Quenton and David's first time hanging out with us. Absolutely hilarious. John/Peter Pan (my nickname for him since he's 28 and doesn't want to grow up) couldn't finish his absinth and almost puked so I hand to man up and take the rest of his shot! He won't live that down. So Chris and Chelsea wondered off and ended up drinking an entire pitcher of sangria between the two after already being smashed. Basically they didn't make it to class on Tuesday which is no good since we were all skipping Wednesday for La Tomatina. Jenny got separated and found some guy, first one here to get laid! Go Jenny. This girl is insane, but I like insanity. Class sucked ass on Tuesday, coffee helped a lot.

TOMATINA
Ok so we had to be at Plaza Cataluna at 4:30 am to take the bus to Bunol, a city just outside of Valencia for La Tomatina, which is basically a giant tomato fight. Exhausted, we all mounted the bus passed out and woke up uncomfortable wanting drinks pretty badly. Before we left the bus we drank some boxed wine and had a swig of Cuban rum, which is fantastic. We walked to some dive bar where the bartender was super trashed and bought a shot of J&B. Natalia and Kara asked for vodka shots but he poured them whiskey and they were not down so he gave them to Jenny and me for free.

Walking down toward the festival we saw a cerveza puesto and bargained for 1 euro beers. So after not really sleeping all night and not eating Jenny and I were pissed drunk. So instead of an actual tomato fight it was more of a mosh pit with thousands of sweaty, tomatoy people awkwardly smashed together. Not to mention the huge trucks that smashed us against the walls of the alleyways showering us with tomatos. We all were ankle deep in tomato slosh, lost shoes and shirts, and god knows what else. The whole experience was amazing and disgusting. Rachel was laughing at me histerically because I got dumped on hard core.

We managed to get our way out, bummed a cigarette, got another few 1 euro beers, took off our shirts because they were disgusting, and tried to find people we know. I saw Quenton, who looked clean, which made me mad so I tried to get him with the tomato slosh on the ground, but since he was sober, he got away. Chris came by and was blabbing about something or other so I thought it would be a good idea to shove tomato slosh in his face. Hilarious, he got me back pretty damn good though.

Jenny, Rachel, and I washed up as best we could in the river and also got hosed down a few times by the locals. We met some local guys and Jenny flirted to get us drinks. We hungout with them, practicing Spanish until we found this absolutely gorgeous guy. He must have been a god, the most beautiful person I've ever seen! His name is Dani, swoon. Unfortunately, we needed to catch the bus so we couldn't stay long. Although, we did score his e-mail.

Drunk as hell we passed out on the bus until we stopped at an Autocar, a super expensive truck stop where Kirsten and Jenny stole a bunch of food. Still drunk, back on bus. Seriously, is it actually possible for someone to be drunk from 11 to 9pm on how little we drank? I guess with no sleep or food it is... maybe we did drink that much. Whatever, the best part about the whole day was showering!

No comments: